Networking is pivotal to a successful career, yet it’s something most people have little to no formal instruction on.
We probably don’t need to convince you much of the importance of networking. According to a survey conducted by LinkedIn, a whopping 85% of jobs are filled through networking. But in this eBook, we will explore beyond networking just to land your next job and take the the long view instead.
Professional networking is a way to enrich your interests, create long-lasting mentorships, and gain knowledge in complex industries. It’s also a powerful tool to enrich your current position, and make yourself a more valuable contributor to the workplace in general.
We’ve spoken with half a dozen experts who know business and networking inside and out. In particular, our contributors include:
- Shana Glenzer, CMO at MakeOffices
- Kathryn Minshew, CEO and Founder of The Muse
- David Olk, CEO and Co-Founder of Voray
- Mona Patel, CEO and Founder of Motivate
- Julie Weber, CMO and Principal at Brllnt
- Micah Keawe, HR Manager at Quartet Health
Get dozens more expert tips on how to build your network with our free eBook.
Our eBook, How to Build Your Network From the Ground Up, includes how to:
- Build a Solid Foundation - Get six actionable tips on building your network if you’re not sure where to start.
- Network at a Startup - Networking in the startup industry is different than networking on behalf of a corporation. We give four tips to successfully network in the startup space.
- Connect as an Introvert - If you dread networking events, you’re not the only one. This section unpacks how introverts can leverage their strengths to create long-lasting business connections and relationships.
- Reach Out Online - Networking events aren’t the only place where you can make connections. This sections gives tips on how to reach out online and translate that into long-lasting relationships.
- Maximize Relationships - Sometimes, networking can feel awkward or fake. But there are ways to make genuine relationships that will be mutually beneficial throughout your career. We’ve spoken with the experts on how to build a long-lasting foundation.
Whether you’re an extrovert or introvert, seasoned networker or a budding entrepreneur, improving your networking skills will help you in many different avenues of life — including advancing your career.
You can download the eBook here.