As Brian Kristofek, President and CEO of Upshot put it, “Being a great place to work is the difference between being a good company and a great company.”
The reason is simple: Happy employees are more productive, more collaborative, and even boost company profits. In fact, happy employees’ productivity increases from anywhere between 12-20% according to a study by the University of Warwick and Social Market Foundation.
Here at Justworks, we believe that investing in employee happiness helps our company perform at its best. And we’d like to help you approach your team in the same way. That’s why we’re offering more than a simple employee satisfaction survey.
Our employee happiness survey has eight sections with 25 questions, 23 of which are on a five-point scale with answers ranging from “Strongly Disagree” to “Strongly Agree.”
It also includes a customizable intro note for you to send out to your employees, with due dates and terms of confidentiality.
Get an employee happiness survey you can customize in minutes.
Some of the questions included in the survey include:
- NPS Score - On a scale of 0 to 10, would your employee recommend working at your company to a friend?
- Job Responsibilities - Does your employee have clear job responsibilities? Is she recognized for good work, and most importantly, does she like her job?
- Managers - Has your employee significantly enhanced his career? Does he see opportunities for growth, and do managers help contribute to that evaluation?
- Team & Peers - Does your employee’s team achieve clear goals, enjoy working with teammates, and collaborate well?
- Compensation - Does your employee feel his salary is fair and competitive? What about the benefits your company offers?
- Leadership Team & Company Strategy - What does your employee think of the company’s direction? Does she have confidence in her department head, and does she get regular updates on the company’s performance?
- Longevity - Does your employee feel respected and valued? Is he likely to stay for several years?
- Open-Ended Questions - Offer a space to highlight the company’s strengths and suggestions for improvement.
This happiness survey is in .docx form.
Once you pass out the survey, of course, your process has just begun!
Feel free to check out our other post here on how to analyze the results and make concrete differences that will increase employee retention.
You can download the survey here.
This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, legal or tax advice. If you have any legal or tax questions regarding this content or related issues, then you should consult with your professional legal or tax advisor.